The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses of Austin (PAPNA) is a local organization dedicated to serving psychiatric nurse practioners in Austin, TX and the surrounding communities. We meet on a monthly basis to share information and discuss issues of common concern.
To promote excellence and advance the role of psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses as clinicians, educators, and community leaders in the greater Austin area.
- To provide a forum for peer consultation, knowledge-sharing, and discussion of trends and research that facilitate the provision of holistic care to our patients.
- To advocate for legislative policies that increase autonomy and enhance the scope of practice of psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses.
- To improve visibility and increase public awareness of the vital roles that psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses serve in the greater Austin area.
- To network with other advanced practice nurses throughout the Austin area and on a statewide level to identify shared goals and enhance coordination of care across nursing disciplines.
- To serve as a clearinghouse for information for and about psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses in the greater Austin area.
- To be the voice of psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurses in greater Austin area.